by Andrea Colfer, Atlantic RHSW, APC

Personal credits for educational entities and groups

I know you have a lot of questions and I’ll do my best to answer them, the first you’re probably wondering where these personal credits, they are part of the Common Experience Program as part of the Indian Residential School Settlement Agreement  this is money its credit towards education.  If you feel that you want to take a course up to $3,000 will be provided by the CEP personal credits.
If you don’t want too you can have family members use these CEP person credits.  Under the CEP personal credits can have children, grandchildren, spouses or siblings these are consider family members.

For a former Indian Residential School survivor that has passed away a family member (that’s listed above) can apply for the personal credits that person has to Your probably wondering which programs are eligible; a wide range of educational programs, services or courses provided by universities, colleges, trades or training schools, Indigenous Institutions of Higher Learning or which relate to literacy or trades, as well as program and reserves related to Aboriginal identities, history, culture or languages or these personal credits can be used for their approved individual or group of learning.  I don’t have the list of all the schools but you can check with the website or the contact information at the end of this article.

There is a three step process to receiving these credits:

To view the full story, you must be a subscriber. Click here for information on how to subscribe.